Monday, March 29, 2010

Tzatziki - Greek Yogurt Dip

I have eaten this dip many more times than I have made it. Last week with my falafel platter I wanted to make this as well. Yogurt is a coolant and it contrasts well with the deep fried falafel. It gives a moistness to the bite which is delicious. And it is pretty straight forward to make as well. About Greek yogurt. Its a thicker, more creamier yogurt than the American whole milk yogurt. It is made with milk which has about 5 to 9% fat content as opposed to 3.5% in American whole milk.

Ingredients: 

2 cups Greek yogurt or hung yogurt
1 medium cucumber peeled and grated
2-3 cloves garlic finely minced
1 tablespoon dill chopped
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (good quality)
Salt

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and serve! I drizzled a few drops of olive oil on top for garnish.

I am sending this dish to AWED: Greek hosted by Curry Leaf, event Started by DK

11 comments:

Pari said...

Hi! Perfect dip for the summer, so cooling.

Priya said...

Thats my favourite dip, just love it..

Ms.Chitchat said...

I got mesmerised by the yogurt dip. Very refreshing and light too. There need be no description about how it tastes, the clicks shows it all :):)

Sushma Mallya said...

Quick and easy dip...perfect for rolls..

Vrinda said...

Gr8 healthy dip...

Smita Srivastava said...

This dip sound yummy . Will surely giv it a try .

Smita
@Little Food Junction

Silence Sings said...

the dip looks grt....What is a greek yoghurt...sorry for my benightedness...

Panchpakwan said...

Looks yumm and creamy dip..Perfect with falfal..

Silence Sings said...

Thanks for replying me so soon....I got it..now I will look for it on my next visit to the market....

J said...

very creamy dip..

Sweatha said...

Hearty Thanks for the perfect coolant in Summer.Tzatziki looks excellent.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...