Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pina Colada

This is one of the first cocktails I ever had. And the cocktail I had for the longest time before chocolate took over! I had my first pina colada in Florida and now whenever I have this it reminds me of beaches, vacations and good times. Well I am blogging about this before summer is for three reasons, first is Jagruti's Joyful Eating whilst Traveling event for which I am thinking about the best travel-food memory, and second is Indrani's Spotlight: Summer foods and drinks and Srivalli's Thanda Mela. I cannot think of a cocktail dearer than this one and with better memories. So this one goes to their events. 

Ingredients:

2 oz pineapple juice
2 oz coconut cream
1 1/2 oz light rum or malibu coconut rum (skip this to make a virgin version)
1 cup crushed ice

Blend all the ingredients and serve in a hurricane glass (for authenticity). Garnish with a pineapple wedge and a cherry. Enjoy and dream of beaches!
Below are some of the photos from our travels, Sarasota, Miami and West Palm Beach.
Sarasota beaches have white sands with 7 different types of textures as you move along the coast. The east coast sands, Miami and West Palm beach are brown.

14 comments:

Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal said...

Wow, I simply love this drink. Thanks for the recipe. Beautiful click. A question though (please respond in email if you can), where do you get coconut cream? I mean I have seen coconut and coconut milk, but never cream.

J said...

Love this drink..perfect for all the events..

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Lovely Cocktail. Perfect for sunny days and balmy nights too I think!

Srimathi said...

I love anything pine apple. I have never actually made a pina colada at home. Maybe now I can venture into making them.

Premalatha Aravindhan said...

yummy drink...lovely presentation!!!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Thanks to this recipe now I can make this at home:-) Beautiful click
Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Sayali said...

Nice click and recipe as well..i havn't had pina colada...is pina colada always made up of pineapple and coconut ?

Cooking Foodie said...

@ Sayali - yes Pina Coladas are always made with pineapple and coconut. Virgin PC's dont have alcohol.

Priya said...

Thats a beautiful drink...awesome click..

Kiran said...

Very nice pinacolada.

Ms.Chitchat said...

Mmmm,interesting drink. Refreshing too :):)

sanyukta gour(bayes) said...

yum yum...very refreshing drink...want a sip...i just came acroos ur blog today....nice entries dear..keep the good work...do visit my blog and do leave ur precious comments....

mangocheeks said...

I can drink this easy - the sweetness of pineapple and coconut - whats not to like :D

Jagruti said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I'm dreaming about beaches!!can't wait to get out, this U.K weather..0(been to florida 2 yrs ago, didn't wanted to come back..;0))pinacolada looks refreshing and yummy.. thanks for entry..just mail me to me before 5th of May..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...